Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Cykic Review "Print On, Print On, Print"






As Paris fashion week comes to an end, it closed in the tradition of showing the final knockouts that industry insiders get revved up for. The finale consisted of Louis Vuitton, Elie Saab and Miu Miu. While LV and Saab have definite appeal,  I always look forward to Miu Miu's collection. And once again I was satisfied by the eclectic array of ensembles. One by one the Miu Miu rainbow took center stage with printed pantsuits, shift dresses with mirrored embroideries, clashing patterns that took over blouses, scarves and wide ties, and python platform loafers and boots. While I would wear about 75% of the looks,  it felt like an extension of Prada fall 2012. By by no means is this a bad thing, but I would have liked some differentiation.  Miuccia Prada manages to separate her brands every season so what was different about this one?

A very loyal fan I am to Miu Miu
But...
I question the corresponding collection.
*Cykic

No comments:

Post a Comment