Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Cykic Review "Au Revoir Paris"

Paris Fashion Week may have wrapped up yesterday, but I'm not quite done reminiscing about my favored collections. By no means do only four looks cut it from the entire designer's assemblage, but I felt it important to see my most adored ensembles. I mean this is "Cykic Obsessions".

While nothing truly hatched on the runway, the embroidered Fabergé egg motifs incubated during Balmain's presentation. A couture approach took center stage with the use of thousands of pearls and crystals. This being designer Olivier Rousteing's second show for Balmain, proved that youth and effortless style are leading the way for this 26 year-old. 

Disagree all you want, although I know I'm right, Isabel Marant nails it season every season. For fall, Marant kept her consistent Parisian vibe, but paired it with savvy cowgirl flair.  Being originally from Texas and despising cowboy boots, this one collection will have me coming back for more. Western wear is usually exceptionally tacky, but a lá Marant there was a southern ease I'm willing to sink my teeth into.

While Alber Elbaz always gives me reason to want one look after the next, his tenth year at Lanvin had me roaring more! more! more! The beautiful body enhancing contours, elements of glitz, and doses of darkness gave me the chills of the best kind. Not the anxiety ridden ones, but chills that leave you energized and evoke euphoria. Lets just say Lanvin gets me high.

Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton elates a certain beauty that no other designer can emulate. By no means was this one of the more wearable collections that could easily be seen at an awards show or charity gala, but it was craftsmanship at a superior level. Burton simply summed up her collection to fashion journalist Tim Blanks in three measures, "A beautiful future, positivity, and optimism". Burton also acknowledged that she pushed herself more this season. Truth be told, she picked the perfect words and created a breathtaking show.

I think it's fair to say that while Rochas is no question a Parisian brand, it brings a certain New York City sensation. Designer Marco Zanini told Style.com's Nicole Phelps that the collection has, "a certain disregard for quiet good taste." While it may seem as-if Zanini is claiming disdain upon his own work, I read it as the woman who wear his clothing don't care about the latest goods, she'll model whatever she pleases, whether tasteful or not.

"The Stella woman is about balance," Stella McCartney told Style.com. Merging day and night, night and day, you can easily tell that any woman would want to mirror the "Stella" persona. The vivid pigments and graphic tailoring shot my anxiety to a high knowing that I would have to wait a whole six months until I can plaster these ensembles to my body. I guess the waiting will be worth my while, given this is a definite Cykic Obsession.

Au Revoir Paris in addition to Fashion Week.  Can't wait for fall campaigns, superb outerwear, elevating booties and carefree knits. But don't expect any subdued criticism, just because the collections have ended for the season doesn't mean I don't have anything to say.

"Style is never safe and neither are my opinions."
*Cykic

No comments:

Post a Comment