Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Cykic Review "A Standing Ovation in My Living Room"









 

This being Raf Simons final show for Jil Sander, I felt it would be apropos to rise to the occasion and give a standing ovation from my living room. I strongly admired Simons use of pastels for a season that tends to sink in black and greys.  His subtle coloring gave his well tailored and draped silhouettes a personality that allowed the industry to envision the women that would be adorned in this collection.  The beautiful shapes, from voluminous to fitted close to the body, showed the designers range and the talent he endures. Now, don't go insano-okay I may have-but those shoes are killing me! In a good way obv. The added metallic detail and pops of color portrayed on the sleek heels really brought together the entire vocation. This was the perfect departure collection. 
I'm upset that I couldn't have witnessed a Raf Simons for Jil Sander runway show in person.   
Let's hope his adieu will bring forth a singular Raf Simons collection
Please don't go to Dior.
If you do, give it your colorful, streamlined intuition.
Can you tell I'm a big fan?
*Cykic

No comments:

Post a Comment