Monday, February 20, 2012

A Cykic Review "London's Half-Assed Novelties"

Christopher Kane always manages to make wearable ensembles with interesting fabrications. As always, I'd love to own most of these pieces, but Kane didn't construct anything new. He stuck with the same silhouette and similar iridescent textiles from last season. It's always a bit of a bummer when you're not wowed by one of your favorite designers.

Erdem effortlessly and consistently puts the ever so popular floral print into his workings. For fall 2012 he again used the monogamous blossoms. Like, Christopher Kane there was nothing fresh in terms of design structure.  Again, I'd gladly take a majority of pieces from this slightly equivalent collection from last season, but I won't be burning a hole in my pocket, which is a good and bad thing.

Listen closely Mr. Pilotto, I'm always a lover of your tie-dye, splatter paint compositions, but why would you use an almost identical color palette from spring? The puffer coats were a new addition, but still the collection in it's entirety is an almost carbon copy of last seasons designs. It's wonderful to have a specialty and to be well known by your niche, but you've got to give us something regenerated.

You three can do better, I know it. I'm sure Christopher Kane, Erdem, and Peter Pilotto's pieces will have their heydey in fall fashion spreads, but the corresponding collections won't have a steady run. 

I speak the truth out of pure love.
*Cykic

No comments:

Post a Comment